Thursday, February 23, 2012

Introduction

One of the joys of being able to stream video is the ability watch entire runs of television shows, and nothing excited me more when I got a Roku box than being able to re-watch nearly forty years of Saturday Night Live.

I grew up with SNL, and I've probably seen 90% of these shows already. Staying up late on a Saturday night was one of the great joys of my childhood, and I stuck with SNL through good times and bad. Sometimes, the bad times were just as fascinating as the good times.

As I begin this blog, I'm about a third of the way through Season Two. I'm going to go ahead and review Season One, but my memory will likely be dimmer than on later episodes. I'm not about to go back and watch them again, though. As good as the first cast was, SNL is and always has been a wildly uneven show. Watching these episodes in their entirely can sometimes feel like a death march, but it's the good stuff that keeps me coming back.

No comments:

Post a Comment